Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Fantasy Player

Monday night was Quincy's Fantasy Draft. Now you might be thinking something nasty, I know I would be if I didn't know better, but in reality it is his online fantasy baseball draft where they become General Managers of their own team made up of players from all of the different baseball teams. Quincy and his brothers have been doing this for years. It is a never ending hobby that he has. Basketball hasn't even stopped {since he is in the championship, go babe!} before baseball starts, then it's back to basketball in the fall. I can't complain since he doesn't leave me to go shoot Bambis like my brothers do to their wives or spends a lot of money on hobbies like I can with scrapbooking and making cards. It was ten dollars for him to play the whole season which brings him lots of entertainment over the summer.

Draft night is a huge night to say the least. Nothing comes in the way of it, even birthdays {sorry Di}. They prepare many weeks in advance on who they are going to take for their 25 picks. The whole draft lasted two and a half hours not counting predraft trash talk. I didn't mind since I had a project or two of my own to work on {Jensen and Cards}.

I just have to say that once Quincy put me before the draft. Our first date which was actually four years ago to the day, April 1st. He had asked me out to a baseball game before realizing that the draft was that night. I didn't comprehend the sacrifice made by him till months, maybe even years later.

Every year Quincy gets some of my Atlanta Braves players. All season long I hear how my Braves let him down {I am just used to the fact}. This is a very common topic between the two of us since he calls me his Assistant General Manager. This year he finally listened to me and didn't pick any Braves. I think it is going to be a better season for me at least. He hasn't won a baseball trophy since 2000. I think this is his year! Go Chubby Cubby !

5 comments:

Patti said...

Assistant General Manager or Assistant to the General Manager?

Jessie said...

You know Dwight and I are into those make believe titles!

Knudsen Crew said...

Good luck Quincy and Assistant! Sounds like a fun hobby to me!

Maria said...

I have never tried playing fantasy baseball. We love playing fantasy football at our house, it's definitely more interesting when there is a little money at stake. Good luck to you both! Go Braves! (and Pirates, I know... Nate really needs to pick a new team to cheer for).

http://comeandwalkwithus.blogspot.com/ said...

I feel your pain - Kev had his fantasy baseball draft on my B-day this year and I was like hmmm..."I thought I was your fantasy". :)