Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Boys Weekend = Family Time for Me!

Quincy's brothers decided they needed a boys weekend since Dantley is leaving on his mission in less than two weeks. I am all for this boys weekend because it brings me to Provo to visit my family. I would like to think that I would be a good wife and still let him go even if it wasn't in Provo but thankfully we don't have to see if that's true this time.
Quincy had fun playing homerun derby, going to card shops, eating wings and even hiking the Y with his brothers. My weekend was a little different then his. Mine included a Fairy Tea Party, Spanish Fork Rodeo, and a swim party.
First up, Mom has been wanting to throw a Fairy Tea Party for a couple of years now. When she heard I was coming she decided this was the weekend to do it. She thought of everything. Flying fairies, menu complete with cotton candy cupcakes, butterfly sugar cookies from Kneaders, games and fairy wands. She really knows how to throw a party!
Mom invited the Hopkins to join us in our festivities. Sandy Hopkin and my mom have been good friends for years. They had two girls four months apart, Brooklynn and Myself, making us good friends too. It's been awhile since I have seen her and her cute family. She has four girls that are little clones of her.
The fairies.
More showed up later.
Grandma bought fairy dresses for the three little girls a year ago. Lucy's still fit.
Grandma and Grandpa got a new tramp. Jensen spent most of the weekend jumping on it.
Hunter was our entertainment. He put on a magic show that still brings a smile to my face. My favorite line of the show was after he had a volunteer he said, "Let's give her a clap."

The girls danced to have the fairies come.
They did and left sparkly wands for the girls and snakes and bow and arrows for the boys.
We also played fairy bingo. The three little girls sat by each other but didn't want to pose for us.
The last game of the afternoon was laying on the ground while someone put fairy rocks on you. You had to stay still without laughing. Lucy and Jensen both liked this one.
Lucy liked it so much she thought she would try it by herself.
Second up, was the Spanish Fork Rodeo. This is the only picture of us three that I got that night. I was one nervous Mama Bear. The bleachers weren't enclosed and left spaces just big enough for a kid to slide through. To add some more excitement to us right below us was a water trough for sheep. I was sure one of my wiggly kids was going for a swim. Luckily, we only sacrificed a sippy cup and an otter pop by the end of the night.
The rodeo was really good, long but good. Jensen loved when the animals were in the arena. When we first got there he said, "Hi sheep, hi cows, hi horses." He really liked when the trucks drove around it too.
Saurday we had a swim party at Matt and Missy's house. Jody and my mom both have a blow up swim slide. Jensen was in heaven!

Lucy did get in the water for a little bit.
But of course she preferred to sit with the adults and watch the other cousins while she ate a cookie and drank a Capri Sun.
Kayley and Bryawna were troopers and carried the Jensen and Lucy to the top of the water slide. They couldn't seem to climb up the pegs. Lucy went once and that was it for her. Jensen wanted to go again and again.

We had pizza to make the swim party complete. We tried again to get a picture of the three girls. This is as good as I could get.
Grandpa had been telling Jensen all week that he would take him on a tractor ride. Sunday he kept his promise, but not only did he take Jensen for a ride Grandpa actually let him drive it all around the field. He kept saying tractor and was super excited. I don't think I even got to drive it till I was 16!
We talked Hunter into an encore performance of his Magic Show. He didn't disappoint.

Lucy watching the show as she devoured a piece of cheesecake. This girl loves to eat and the good stuff too!
This is what I accomplished on the way home.
Missy taught me Saturday night how to crochet and I'm officially addicted. I have a huge regret when it comes to crocheting. My Grandma Knudsen use to do this all the time and would of loved to teach me. I just never took the time to learn. Grandma is the one that got me hooked on homemade dish rags. I have been using some of her's that she never got to use. They are falling apart and I just can't seem to buy store bought dish rags. So I am so glad that Missy could teach me.
This is what I did in five hours of driving. Missy did that much in a quick drive to get a hamburger. Someday I will be as fast as her. I could tell by St. George that I was getting a groove of it. I was getting lots of "Grandma" comments from my hubby but I don't care. I can't wait to have some new dish rags.

2 comments:

Knudsen Crew said...

It was a super fun weekend. Your kids are super cute and definitely in their element outside! It is fun to see your pictures because we were at the same party, but both have different pics. Tell Quincy he needs to have boys weekends more often, so we can play more!

Cindy said...

I sure love the commentary and the pictures. You do such a great job.
I liked your pictures best. I must have been snoozing on some of them. I'm putting you in charge of the Fairy video. I'm sure there aren't any takers on that one. I'm sure glad everything turned out so nice. It was magical. It is always an anticipated event when you come to town!!!