We enjoyed being out in Logandale for part of the Memorial Day weekend. It was full of good times as always. Here is just a little recap of our two days.
We went to the cemetery to pay our respects to Quincy's grandparents and his father.
The kids got into cleaning up the graves.
Demsie didn't know where to put the dirt, she thought Lucy's head was a good spot.
Grandma Haworth and all the "customers" as Lucy calls them. She means cousins.
Half of Jensen's namesake. He kept reading his name on the headstone.
Jensen was done with pictures by this time. He did come sit on Grandpa Walker's headstone for this last one.
Of course ice cream cones are always a favorite at Grandma's house.
The day also consisted of lots of Rhino rides. Jensen waited all Sunday for tomorrow to come so he could be taken on rides. When he wasn't on a ride he was waiting patiently in the backseat of the Rhino for someone to take him. He refused to come inside most of the day.
Lucy on the other hand doesn't feel the same way about Rhino rides. She would wait until all the kids would come back for a ride on the porch. Her daddy did talk her into going once if he went slow, no bumps and held her hand the whole time.
We did get Jensen away from the Rhino for a photo shoot. He hasn't felt the best all weekend so we were pretty happy that some turned out. Thanks Aunt Di for your sweet photo skills! This is the feed store that belonged to Grandpa Jensen back in the day. My goal is to take Jensen's picture by it every birthday (give or take a month or two).
Di had seen this old truck in the valley and knew we needed a picture in front of it. It was a little hot so maybe we will come back and get the kids cooperating a little better next time.
After a fabulous barbecue we took Jensen on one more ride before heading home. We stopped to throw rocks in the reservoir. This kid is a country kid for sure!
3 comments:
That's so fun. I love your pictures by the Jensen feed sign and the Knudsen truck. I seriously doubt I'll be able to take a photo like that with a new last name like "Saluone". I guess I'll have to paint my own truck and take a picture with it if I want one like that! You guys are so cute!
Ooooh, that last shot is golden.
Looks like fun! Love the Jensen and Knudsen photo-op. I also love that Jensen is a country boy!
Post a Comment