On Mother's Day I got a wonderful treat, a vacation with my little family to San Diego. So after a breakfast made by my hubby, two sweet presents picked from the kids at Target, and one hour church, we headed to California. It may not have been the most ideal way to actually spend Mother's Day driving in a car five hours with two children, but it was wonderful to be together as a family.
After we checked into the hotel we still had some daylight, so we headed back in the car for a quick ride to Old Town San Diego. We had heard that the Mormon Battalion Museum got an update so we checked it out. Quincy and I actually went to San Diego with our singles ward before we were even engaged. We remembered the museum to be pretty boring so we were worried the kids would be done in a few minutes, but they were completely entertained. We even had our own personal tour of the whole museum.
Our tour guide was a sister missionary from Mexico. She started to talk to us and then these frames started moving and talking all Harry Potter like. They scared all of us at first. Quincy said that he is related to one of them. He came home and proved it so I wouldn't think he was just trying to sound cool.
At one point in the tour our guide had Jensen dress up with the items that each of the soldiers carried. He was loving it and really liked when he got to hold the rifle.
At another part of the tour all of the sudden the seats started to shake like we were in an earthquake. It was really a pretend cattle stampede that actually happened to the soldiers. It is an amazing story that all of the members that served were not harmed and actually blessed for giving their service to the Army. The tour was well worth going to this time around.
At the end they had interactive screens or huge IPads (as the kids called them) that they played with.
They also took our family picture, which is the only one we got of the whole trip. So I'm glad it turned out and Jensen wanted to play along.
After, we walked around Old Town and let the kids get all their wiggles out before heading back to the hotel. At the hotel Lucy kept saying, "Mom, this home is so nice." Too funny. We tried to get the kids in bed early for their big day at Sea World but they didn't get the memo.

1 comment:
Yeah! Pretty cool stuff. Hey Quincy I also have a couple Ivie brothers that were in the Mormon battalion. I'll have to prove it to you I suppose. I'm glad you all had a nice time!
Post a Comment