Lucy has loved a certain Little Mermaid doll for pretty much her whole life. It was one I got when I was a girl and saved. One day I gave it to her and she hasn't got bored with it yet. She can't travel or sleep without it. So when we were thinking what type of party to throw for her birthday this year we knew a mermaid party was a pretty easy choice.
We served star sandwiches along with green grapes, goldfish crackers, and blue Gatorade for lunch in purple buckets. For dessert we had blue jello cups with a Swedish fish floating inside. These were a huge hit.
Jensen was a good brother and hung out with the girls for the party.
While the girls were eating we helped them make a sea shell bracelet. Ellie the oldest girl to attend made her own without any help.
For one of the games we dug in the sand box for sea shells. Quincy and I had filled the sand box with sand earlier this week. But thanks to the rain we got, it turned into a big mud pit. Luckily, we had some extra dry sand for the girls to play in.
Next we went fishing for mermaid duckies. On the bottom they had numbers written on them. Whatever number they scooped up they received that many Swedish fish to eat. Our pool must have a small leak in it because I kept having Quincy fill it up and there was hardly any water in it when we went to play.
Next we played limbo as we heard songs from the Little Mermaid soundtrack. I only got video of this and am so glad I did. These girls were cracking us up!
Lastly, we tried mermaid, mermaid, shark. My house is just so small there wasn't a great place to play this game. But we gave it a good try.
Lucy requested cupcakes and I attempted a mermaid tail out of dipping chocolate. I was pleasantly surprised that all of the girls liked them.
We sang to Lucy and then she opened presents blue tongue and all.
These were the party favors. Lucy's favorite human things: chapstick and nail polish.
Thanks to all the mermaids that came to help Lucy celebrate turning 3!

3 comments:
I have been waiting for this post since we saw the cute invitation at Grandma and Grandpa Knudsen's. What an adorable party for an adorable Little Mermaid!
Love the theme and the adorable girl. You are such a fun Mom and think of every little detail for the parties.
Happy Birthday Lucy!
Oh My!!! What a darling party!!! You certainly thought of every detail. I loved her dress, it was so darn cute. What a fun day and fun memories. My regret was that I wasn't there snapping 100's of pictures. You certainly captured it all in your pictures. Thank you very much!!!
Fun party. Sad we missed it. lots of love to Lucy!
Post a Comment