We arrived in Provo late last Thursday evening. Quincy is the one that brought us to Utah this time. He was having a live fantasy basketball draft with his brothers and buddies in American Fork. They did this last year and had so much fun they have been planning on it all year. I didn't complain because that meant some quality Knudsen family time for me. They had a whole day planned of activities so I planned some activities of my own with my family.
Lucy did well on the trip up even though she is still facing backwards in her car seat. She doesn't weigh enough even though she is one year old. I am trying to fatten her up on strawberry milk but her daddy doesn't approve. She must have slept too much because when we got there she was full of energy at 10:30 at night. She found the Dove chocolates left on our bed from our wonderful hostess, my mother. She was all over them.
Since Quincy was away doing his thing on Friday that meant shopping for me. I was even approved for some purchases. My sis-in-law Missy drove me around to some of our favorite stores. She always hooks me up on what's new.
Later that day Grandma had an idea to go to the Disney store at the University Mall for a costume parade. I hadn't brought our costumes but Grandma had a Mickey Mouse costume in the dress up box for Jensen to wear. She had bought the three girls Minnie Mouse costumes to wear for our upcoming Disneyland trip. So we threw those in the car and headed to the mall.
This sounded like a good idea but I should have known better. Jensen fell asleep 20 minutes before we headed out the door. Let's just say he doesn't wake up the happiest like someone else I know, especially if it isn't his normal 3 hour nap. He wasn't liking the costume at all. When we got in the store he was one of those kids that you feel bad for their parents. I was getting "those" looks. Finally I found the Cars merchandise and he calmed down. I totally gave in and bought him a new Mater and Sheriff. He was in pure heaven once he calmed down (except for the costume). By then it was too late to do the activities in the store so we made our escape.
Lucy was quite happy until Grandma mentioned getting their pictures taken. By then Lucy had had it too. It's funny how fast they can change their little attitudes.

So my kids didn't end up in the Knudsen family Halloween pictures, which is normal. I took them to go get pizza instead. They were much more pleasant after that.

Saturday was raining and put a damper on all of our outside activities. Quincy did go with my dad to the BYU game. We had fun with the cousins around the house. Lucy enjoyed dancing with her cousin Bryawna in her new red squeaker shoes. The cousins are really into Lucy walking. She would tease them by giving them a step or two or four just for them.
We really did have a great trip as always. My parents know how to spoil us! Quincy told me some good news on the way home that they might want to do a live draft for baseball too. I said I approve as long as it brings me to Utah County.
It won't be long till she's walking all over the place!
No comments:
Post a Comment